Astron’s Webinar Series Continues!
We have plenty of topics to discuss with you in 2018! See below the listing of webinars slated for the rest of 2018. Register to as many as you’d like!
- Compensation Challenges for Non-Profit Organizations
- Compensation Budgeting and Planning for 2019
Spring 2018 Salary Survey of Louisiana Opening Soon!
The Spring 2018 Salary Survey of Louisiana healthcare organizations is a little less than a month away! Now in its 17th year the survey will open on April 2nd 2018. Healthcare organizations from the Louisiana area can contact Cassandra (email@example.com) to confirm that a participation link will be sent on opening day.
Recorded Copies of the “Getting to Know Flare®” Webinar Series Available!
Under the “Resource Library” section of our website a “Getting to Know Flare®” page has been added for those that may have missed our live webinars. The section will be growing as more webinars are held throughout the year. Feel free to catch up on all that Flare® has to offer!
A Brand New Webinar Series for 2018!
Starting January 24th, 2018 Astron Solutions will be hosting a series of HR-based webinars. A total of 11 webinars will be hosted, ranging between 15 – 30 minutes. The first webinar is entitled, “Compensating Millennials and the Employee Engagement Challenge”.
As of 2016, Millennials now comprise the largest segment of the United States population and increasing each year. This has created challenges to human resource professionals in the development of total rewards programs that will enhance the engagement of this group. This webinar will explore the engagement “triggers” for millennials and review alternative rewards strategies to be considered.
- Getting to Know Flare®: Total Rewards Statements
- Getting to Know Flare®: Exit Interview Analysis and Finders Keepers
- Getting to Know Flare®: Staff Advancement Monitor(TM)
- Incentive Compensation and Alternatives to Traditional Pay for Performance
- Compensation Challenges for Non-Profit Organizations
- Compensation Budgeting and Planning for 2019
“When the Money Runs Out: Retaining and Motivating Long-Term Employees Without Increasing Pay” hosted by HRsoft
Since the end of the recession, more and more baby boomers have been deferring retirement. The unexpected result is that many employees from this generation are being paid well above market value for their jobs, forcing organizations to cope with serious pay compression.
Not surprisingly, studies from SHRM and WorldatWork indicate increasing employee dissatisfaction over the ways compensation programs are administered and communicated, especially as it relates to those nearing or exceeding maximum job value.
In this exclusive HRCI/SHRM training, compensation expert Michael Maciekowich, National Director of Astron Solutions, will share his 30 years of compensation expertise as he presents recent research and provides alternatives to the status quo.
During this session you’ll learn:
- How to understand the wants and needs of the veteran (1909 – 1945) and baby boomer (1945- 1965) generations in the workplace.
- Critical insights from SHRM and WorldatWork studies on how human resources addresses the needs of these generations in the workplace.
- A comprehensive overview of Astron Solutions’ focus group research, including data acquired over the past five years from more than 100 clients across various industry segments.
- The dilemma of utilizing pay range maximums and why they are needed.
- Sample alternative, non-salary reward programs, including those considered best practice and those that have failed, as well as an outline of the process employers can use to establish programs to suit their organizational culture and needs.
“Forecasting Costs of Unplanned Overtime” webinar hosted by Lorman®
Join Michael Maciekowich on October 30 (1PM EST/10 AM PST) as he presents a webinar that explore strategies to better understand and control unplanned overtime.
Learning Objectives include
- Reviewing the FLSA’s overtime requirements.
- Discussing how unplanned overtime occurs.
- Identifying proven financial and employee relations strategies for forecasting and controlling unplanned overtime.
Click here to register for “Forecasting Costs of Unplanned Overtime”
Join us for an exploration of compensation planning for 2018!
At Astron Solutions, we want to keep you on the forefront of compensation trends, particularly as you’re planning for 2018! Please join us for an exclusive webcast on September 14 (2 PM EDT/ 11 AM PDT) that will explore
- Three key compensation trends for the coming year,
- Compensation budget study findings, and
- The latest in variable compensation.
Join us live on September 14th to obtain the insights you need to be successful in 2018. Can’t join us on September 14th? All registrants will receive access to a recorded copy of the webinar. You won’t want to miss this essential information!
National Director Jennifer Loftus quoted by SHRM
SHRM reached out to Astron Solutions’ Jennifer Loftus to explore the use of Paid Time Off (PTO) banks, rather than traditional vacation & sick time programs.
National Director, Michael Maciekowich quoted in Newsday
Newsday reached out to Astron Solutions’ Michael Maciekowich to speak on how companies are turning to performance-based bonuses to attract talent, instead of relying on hefty raises.
Welcome to our New Website!
You have come to know Astron Solutions, LLC as the human resource consulting firm that stays one step ahead of the curve in cutting edge total reward and talent management services. Now we have a website to match. We are excited to announce the launch of our new website. Come check us out. If you haven’t visited for a while now’s a chance to catch up with Astron Solutions LLC. From FLSA changes to the latest in Gamification, our new site provides an entry into total rewards and talent management innovation.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Regulations Update
On May 18, 2016, the final ruling was released, updating regulations defining which white collar workers are considered protected by the FLSA’s minimum wage and overtime standards.
Key Provisions of the Final Rule
The final rule focuses primarily on updating the salary and compensation levels needed for Executive, Administrative, and Professional workers to be classified as exempt. Specifically, the final rule
1. Sets the standard salary level at the 40th percentile of earnings of full-time salaried workers in the lowest-wage Census Region, currently the South ($913 per week; $47,476 annually for a full-year worker);
2. Sets the total annual compensation requirement for highly compensated employees (HCE) subject to a minimal duties test to the annual equivalent of the 90th percentile of full-time salaried workers nationally ($134,004); and
3. Establishes a mechanism for automatically updating the salary and compensation levels every three years to maintain the levels at the above percentiles and to ensure that they continue to provide useful and effective tests for exemption.
Additionally, the final rule amends the salary basis test to allow employers to use nondiscretionary bonuses and incentive payments (including commissions) to satisfy up to 10 percent of the new standard salary level.
The effective date of the final rule is December 1, 2016. The initial increases to the standard salary level (from $455 to $913 per week) and HCE total annual compensation requirement (from $100,000 to $134,004 per year) will be effective on that date. Future automatic updates to those thresholds will occur every three years, beginning on January 1, 2020.
Jennifer Loftus Quoted in wework Blog
National Director Jennifer Loftus was quoted in the wework blog’s recent article “You’ve Got a Crush on Your Co-Worker – Now What?”
Read the entire story
Jennifer Loftus Quoted in Al Jezerra America Article
Astron Solutions National Director Jennifer Loftus was quoted in the article “Up Close and Personnel,” on the history and role of HR today.
Read the article.
Jennifer Loftus Quoted by Associations Now Magazine
National Director Jennifer Loftus is quoted in the July / August 2015 issue of Associations Now magazine regarding trends in employment and compensation.
You can read the article, entitled “Hire Power: Finding Employees that Match Your Needs“.
Jennifer Loftus Honored by Gotham Family Foundation
National Director Jennifer Loftus is being honored with the 2014 Gotham Comedy Foundation Lifetime Ambassador of Laughter Award! Please join the festivities on September 17th for a fun evening while helping others!
Get more information and register.
Jennifer Loftus Featured in IT Recruiting Infographic
National Director Jennifer Loftus is a contributor to Infusive Solutions’ latest publication, The Cheat Codes to Beating Software Development Interview Processes, which has recently been turned into an infographic. The infographic leads job candidates through several levels of interviews in a format similar to those experienced in video games. Jennifer explores level 1 interviews with the Human Resources professional.
View the infographic.
Jennifer Loftus Featured in IT Recruiting Guide
National Director Jennifer Loftus is a contributing author to Infusive Solutions’ latest publication, The Cheat Codes to Beating Software Development Interview Processes. The guide leads job candidates through several levels of interviews in a format similar to those experienced in video games. Jennifer explores level 1 interviews with the Human Resources professional.
Obtain your copy of the resource.
Jennifer Loftus to Lead Webcast on Gaining PHR and SPHR Certification
On October 3, National Director Jennifer Loftus will partner with Elizabeth Moore, PHR of the Holmes Corporation, to lead a webcast entitled How to Prep for the PHR/SPHR Exam with the SHRM Learning System. Attendees will receive tips on preparing for the HR Certification Institute’s PHR and SPHR exams, as well as find out how the SHRM Learning System can boost test preparation efforts. Note: This webcast does not qualify for recertification credit.
Register for the webinar, which is free to SHRM members.
Astron Solutions Welcomes MKA Executive Planners as a Strategic Business Partner
For more than forty years, MKA has been at the forefront of retirement income planning for executives, business owners and professionals.
For more information please visit www.mkaplanners.com.
Jennifer Loftus Quoted by US News and World Report
National Director Jennifer Loftus was recently quoted in the US News and World Report article 4 Reasons Your Resume is Thrown in the Trash (And How to Pull It Out). The article explores potholes job seekers encounter when applying for positions, and ways to avoid them.
Read the entire article.
Jennifer Loftus Quoted in New Story on INC.com
Inc.com recently quoted National Director Jennifer Loftus in the article How to Interview a Recent Grad. The article succinctly provides tips interviewing candidates who are new to the job search process.
Read the complete article.